Beautiful Nauvoo Move to Nauvoo

Move to Nauvoo

Updating Resident Information

The Nauvoo Post Office (55 N. Barnett Street, (217) 453-2305) can help you forward your mail to your new home – just stop in and fill out a “Change of Address Form” or go to the post office’s web site and fill out the form there.

Voter Registration or to get a marriage license or birth or death certificate

Contact the Hancock County Clerk or call (217) 357-3911. Voting in Nauvoo is at the City Hall usually in April and November.

Transferring Vehicle and Drivers Information

Illinois state law gives new residents moving from out of state 90 days to obtain an Illinois driver’s license and 30 days to obtain Illinois license plates. To get your driver’s license and plates updated, stop by the Secretary of State Facility Location in Carthage (130 Buchanan Street, (217) 357-3869). For more information visit the Office of the Illinois Secretary of State.